ECOMMERCE & SECURITY
1. What payment service does Stain Busters Cleaning Systems use?
2. What are the advantages in using Stain Busters Cleaning Systems with Commonwealth Bank CommWeb?
3. In a nutshell, how does CommWeb work?
4. Does this mean I need to have a Commonwealth Bank bank account?
5. What types of credit cards are supported?
6. How long does it take to process a transaction?
7. How secure is Commonwealth Bank CommWeb?
8. Does the Commonwealth Bank CommWeb Payment Service require Internet customers to have any special hardware or software?
9. How is the Payment Service different from Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)?
Q.1) WHAT PAYMENT SERVICE DOES STAIN BUSTERS CLEANING SYSTEMS USE?
We have chosen the Commonwealth Bank CommWeb service to provide real-time transactions for our Online Appointment Management Site.
Q.2) WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES IN USING STAIN BUSTERS CLEANING SYSTEMS WITH COMMONWEALTH BANK COMMWEB?
There are numerous advantages when it comes to the Commonwealth Bank CommWeb service.
Some of the key features include;
· Your Credit card details are not stored anywhere on the Internet
· Commonwealth Bank CommWeb is a secure transaction service
· You can use any SSL-enabled Web browser on any computing platform
· Transactions are simple and quick
· No subscription to the service is required
· You are purchasing goods in a currency you know and understand ($AUD).
Q.3) IN A NUTSHELL, HOW DOES COMMONWEALTH BANK COMMWEB WORK?
Our implementation of Commonwealth Bank CommWeb uses a Hosted Payments Interface to process Credit Card transactions. Stain Busters Cleaning Systems integrates this service into our Lesson Management Site using ASP technology and your transaction is processed at Commonwealth Bank CommWeb using order data that is submitted from the Lesson Management Site. This means that your credit card details are submitted directly into the Commonwealth Bank CommWeb banking network and do not pass through our site at all. When processing your electronic payment, you will be safely sending and receiving the transaction data to and from the bank (Commonwealth Bank CommWeb).
Q.4) DOES THIS MEAN I NEED TO HAVE AN COMMONWEALTH BANK COMMWEB BANK ACCOUNT?
No, only Stain Busters Cleaning Systems need have a Commonwealth Bank CommWeb Merchant
Account. Customers may use any supported credit card they want, no matter what bank or financial institution is was issued by.
Q.5) WHAT TYPES OF CREDIT CARDS ARE SUPPORTED?
We will accept online payments made by Visa or Mastercard.
Q.6) HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO PROCESS A TRANSACTION?
Transaction processing using Commonwealth Bank CommWeb will take a matter of seconds. There are several variables that will impact your transaction speed, including the speed of your Internet connection, your network environment and any traffic congestion on the web.
Q.7) HOW SECURE IS COMMONWEALTH BANK COMMWEB?
There are several mechanisms integrated into the Commonwealth Bank CommWeb platform to protect against security breaches. All communications between you and Commonwealth Bank CommWeb are encrypted using a 128 bit SSL connection. Transaction information is stored on the Commonwealth Bank CommWeb database which resides behind multiple firewalls within Commonwealth Bank CommWeb’s secure environment. Finally, the Merchant Administration System is password protected and user privileges are managed by an administrator.
Q.8) DOES THE COMMONWEALTH BANK COMMWEB PAYMENT SERVICE REQUIRE INTERNET CONSUMERS TO HAVE ANY SPECIAL HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE?
The Payment Service has been designed to run on a variety of hardware platforms and operating systems. Consumers need only an SSL compatible browser with 128 bit security encryption. Most newer browsers support this level of encryption or can be updated to this level. Older browsers can be upgraded for free via the Microsoft or Netscape websites.
Q.9) HOW IS THE PAYMENT SERVICE DIFFERENT FROM SECURE SOCKETS LAYER (SSL)?
The Commonwealth Bank CommWeb payment service has been designed specifically for credit card