Tips on Removing Urine Stains
- If fresh apply water to dilute stain and blot dry with a colour fast towel
- Apply detergent /water solutions (1 tspn : 1 ltre warm water) and blot dry
- Repeat until spill has been removed and rinse area with clean water and blot dry.
- If stain persists or already dry, apply ammonia/water solution (1 part cloudy ammonia : 15 parts cold water).
- Soak up and treat with a white vinegar/water solution (1:1 cold water). Blot dry.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 as long as there is improvement.
- Note: This is unlikely to fix an odour. For stubborn stains and or odours call Stain Busters.
A dry urine stain is a stubborn stain and washing will rarely work once the microscopic urine crystals have attached to the carpet fibres. If you have a stubborn urine stain or a persistent odour contact us to learn more.
Be sure to read our general stain removal advice before proceeding.