Tips on Removing Lipstick Stains
- Lipstick contains wax, oils, fats, emollients (structure products) and a pigment. (Colour)
- It is important to remove the structure products and the pigment to avoid leaving a permanent dye stain.
- apply a solvent such as methylated spirits or dry cleaning fluid.
- Blot with a colour fast towel and repeat as long as there is improvement.
- Cease treatment if you are not removing the pigment and call a professional. See note below.
Stain Busters has a product that removes lipstick stains from carpets, rugs, lounges and other upholstery. It works by removing the structure products and extracting the pigment at the same time. If you have removed the structure products and left the pigment it will be a more difficult and more expensive problem to fix. Our certified technicians remove stains just like these every day. Contact us to learn more.
Be sure to read our general stain removal advice before proceeding.