Tips on Removing Coffee Stains
- If fresh, dilute with water and soak up with a colour fast towel. Repeat as long as effective.
- Treating when fresh will avoid the tannin from setting making the stain much harder to remove.
- If stain has dried, apply ammonia solution (1 part cloudy ammonia : 15 parts water) to the affected area.
- Soak up and treat with a white vinegar solution (1 part white vinegar : 1 part water) and soak up.
- Repeat both steps as long as there is improvement.
- Rinse with clean water and blot dry with a colour fast towel.
Once set coffee and in particular the tannin can be difficult to remove with just cleaning. Stain Busters have developed products that remove coffee stains from carpets, rugs, lounges and other upholstery. Our certified technicians remove stains just like these every day. Contact us to learn more.
Be sure to read our general stain removal advice before proceeding.